Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Vacation Part 1

Okay so I finally uploaded some of my Orlando vacation pictures to flickr. I sorted through the Universal Studios pics and of course, most of them are of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

We got to the park pretty early so we were able to experience it without the huge crowds...for a few hours.

*Rather than make this an incredibly long post, I'll just mention some highlights and let you guys see the rest of the photos on flickr. I don't want to spoil the park for some people.

My heart fluttered when we saw this! Oh I guess I should mention that I have never been to Universal Studios or DisneyWorld. Growing up enjoying movies with my family, the Universal globe is something very familiar as well as the ads for Universal Studios theme parks. It was kind of a surreal moment, the whole trip was.
We headed straight towards Hogwarts as we knew later on it would be super crowded. On our way we say a bit of Dr. Seuss land which was decked out Christmas style = fabulous! Another thing about me, I'm a huge sucker for Christmas. I love it all, the music, the movies, the decorations, the smells, and most importantly the special time with family and friends.


OMG Hogwarts!!!!

Other awesome things:
  • Butterbeer! Omg, so delicious...think creamsoda, butterscotch and whipped cream
  • Eating at Three Broomsticks
  • Picking out gifts for my friends
  • Walking through Hogwarts and seeing all the details put into the ride
  • The Dragon Challenge roller coaster!!! My fav roller coaster ever!
  • All of the Christmas decorations
And I'll leave you with one of my many favourite photos from the trip. Great friends make vacations so much more fun.
photo op!

1 comment: