Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Introductions!


As part of my goals for 2011, this blog will be more organized with weekly updates and my personal posts will be on my tumblr account.

So I decided it was high time I gave you guys more information about the artists behind the etsy shop. We are three sisters who are very close but due to distance and full time jobs, we can't see each other as much as we would like. Crafting is one of the ways that we connect, not only because it's just simply fun, but also because it transports us back to our childhood. Living on a large plot of land, we were able to run around the yard like crazy kids, creating worlds and games that can only be described as magic. We find that magic once again when we get together and create things.
From left to right: Emma, Bonnie, Jess

Jess, the eldest: Mother of 3 wonderful children; Owen, Shae, and Bodhi. Jess has an amazing talent with colours. I'm always in awe of her ability to mix and match patterns and create interesting colourways. She's the fabric person in the family, having tons of it stacked in her closet waiting to be used in her next project. Out of all the sisters, she has the most patience with sewing and other fiber techniques. She has experience in film and digital photography and screen printing processes as well.

Emma, the middle and the shortest: Recent graduate, BFA in Sculpture and Ceramics. This is me! Most of my skills are in ceramics, but I love to dabble in mixed media. I learned so many techniques in school; throwing on the wheel, hand-building with clay, foundry, cold metal casting, mold making, jewelry (small metalsmithing), and fiber techniques. I'm sure you can tell I have many interests, but ceramics is my initial love. I really enjoy detailed work, thus I have a penchant for small things.

Bonnie, the youngest: Cake decorator extrordinaire. Bonnie showed artistic talent when she was very young and spent many hours drawing and painting through her middle and high school career. Most of her work is in illustrations; however, she has experience in lettering, batiking, and other various crafts. She has been a cake decorator for 9+ years; which has allowed her to gain experience in sculpting, as well as baking...yum!

Yep, that's us! We are extremely nice and approachable, so if you have any questions or ideas for commissions, don't hesitate to ask.

Have a great weekend and check back soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment