Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Going ons

Raawwwwwr, this post is not colour related. I've been waaaay too busy with other things...such as:

Sorry this is so late, work is keeping me busy and I have to finish a piece for an upcoming show at MINT gallery. It's entitled, Spirit Animals, and of course I had to spend a gazillion weeks researching what animal exactly fit my "spirit". I decided on something last week but I'm really worried I won't have enough time to do the entire thing out of clay. Honestly though, I'm okay with that. Don't get me wrong I loooove working with clay, but I consider myself a mixed-media artist. Something about combining various materials and objects makes me think of junkyards and flea markets full of history and forgotten items that were once cherished. Romantic, much? Yes I don't want to think of that stuff as just a bunch of junk someone bought only because it was on sale.

No progress photos as of now. Everything will be kept a surprise until the day of the show....well I'll give you one hint. The piece is called Typo.

Oh and the reason why I wanted to update...check out two more mugs I posted in the shop.

Next week I'll start with the colour series again, I can't wait to share what I've learned from this amazing book! Why wasn't this book suggested in college?!

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment