Sunday, October 31, 2010

Past Projects

Wowzers! These past few months have been crazy, what with 3 studio classes and my senior show. I'm so pleased with my works and progress as an artist. Here are a few things that have been taking up my time.

My first project this semester in Advanced Ceramics was throwing 75 things in a 3 weeks. At first I thought this was a huge undertaking but by the end of it, I became pretty proficient and it was easy to make 10 things in an hour.
It took me an additional week to glaze and fire all my wares. Yes it takes a bit longer when you are sharing kilns and glazes with 3 other classes. Speaking of which, I've made some pretty interesting glazes this semester and hope to make a few more before I graduate.

My pride and joy at the moment is this little cupboard filled with "heirlooms". It was the highlight of my senior show, in my opinion.

This piece is deeply personal and I adore each little item I made. I plan to push this idea and visual treatment of ceramic further in my art career....it's so exciting!

So what do I have planned for the future? I haven't figured out everything but I'm going to look into workshops at a local ceramic studio and keep thinking about grad school. I also intend to find a place to volunteer, perhaps the Center for the Puppetry of Arts or maybe the High Museum. We shall see!! That's all for now; I've got to get some supplies and head to school in a bit.

P.S. I'll be making a post later tonight about some upcoming events I get to participate in.




No comments:

Post a Comment