Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dreary Tuesday

Now I'm a summer girl all the way, but sometimes I enjoy a foggy afternoon. Buildings and cars being blurred out and unfinished make me think of an expansive world I will never see the end of. Plus, the chill keeps me inside and focused. It's just after lunch and I've already filed my taxes and now I'm writing this blog, wahoo!

I don't want to go into too much detail or depress anyone, but my family is going through a difficult time right now. Sometimes it's hard to stay positive but I truly believe moments like these help you to know and feel your own strength. They give you confidence so the next time the world seems to be falling apart, you KNOW you can handle it. Another thing that helps me is watching inspiring movies. No I'm not talking about Rudy...I lean more towards the documentary type. Here are a few I've been thinking about recently.

Waking Life-This is not for everyone, in regards to plot and visuals. The power of the human mind never ceases to amaze me, even when it creates a negative reality. The fact that it can even do that astonishes me.

Babies-Another movie that isn't for everyone. The movie can be slow at some points due to lack of dialogue and babies crying for too long; but it is super interesting to see the differences and similarities of these children. Here's a little interview with the director, Thomas Balmes.

Between the Folds-Documentary about Origami and the people who love it. It may sound boring but I loved the different attitudes these artists/engineers have about paper.

Visually inspiring movies help out too. These are a few of my favourites!


Have a wonderful week!

3 comments: